The Ecstasy of Defeat: Sports Reporting at Its Finest by the Editors of the Onion (Paperback)
Sports Reporting at Its Finest by the Editors of the Onion
Hyperion Books, 9781401310721, 258pp.
Publication Date: October 11, 2011
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase
The Sports Page As You've Never Seen It Before From painfully obvious steroid revelations to sex scandals and superstars who announce trades in over-the-top TV specials, the wide world of sports can often seem too ridiculous for words. Well, attention sports fans: In The Ecstasy of Defeat, the editors of The Onion offer the laugh-out-loud funny and long overdue lampoon of sports culture you've been waiting for. Filled with the very best of The Onion's bench-clearing sports coverage, this book includes such classics as:
- Lip-Reading BCS Computer Kills Officials Who Want To Shut It Down
- Barry Bonds Took Steroids, Reports Everyone Who Has Ever Watched Baseball.
- Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Few Seasons.
- Barbaro's Doctors: "A Horse This Good You Don't Eat All At Once."
- Lance Armstrong Wants To Tell Nation Something But Nation Has To Promise Not To Get Mad.
About the Author
The Onion is a national publication and website that offers award-winning news and views that readers can't get anywhere else. More than 3 million people read The Onion each week, online and in print in select cities, making it by far the most popular news organization in its class. A million more listen to Onion Radio News coast to coast. In 2007, The Onion launched Onion News Network, its 24-hour video news network. Most recently, The Onion launched The Onion Sports Network, a vertical devoted exclusively to sports parody.