Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018 (Paperback)
Sourcebooks, 9781402260681, 896pp.
Publication Date: July 11, 2017
"The best college guide you can buy."--USA Today
Let Fiske Guide to Colleges do the work and take the stress out of your college search
Every college and university has a story, and no one tells those stories like former New York Times education editor Edward B. Fiske. That's why, for more than 30 years, the Fiske Guide to Colleges has been the leading guide to 320+ four-year schools, including quotes from real students and information you won't find on college websites. Fully updated and expanded every year, Fiske is the most authoritative source of information for college-bound students and their parents. Helpful, honest, and straightforward, the Fiske Guide to Colleges delivers an insider's look at what it's really like to be a student at the "best and most interesting" schools in the United States, plus Canada, Great Britain, and Ireland -- so you can find the best fits for you.
In addition to detailed and candid stories on each school, you will find:
- A self-quiz to help you understand what you are really looking for in a college
- Lists of strong programs and popular majors at each college
- "Overlap" listings to help you expand your options
- Indexes that break down schools by state, price, and average debt
- Vital information on how to apply, including deadlines, fees, and test requirements
- Exclusive academic, social, and quality-of- life ratings
- All the basics, including financial aid stats, SAT/ACT scores, and acceptance rates
Plus a special section highlighting the 44 public and private Best Buy schools -- colleges that provide the best educational value
"I send students to Fiske before I send them anywhere else." -- Director of College Counseling, Los Olivos, CA