Reading with Babies, Toddlers and Twos
A Guide to Laughing, Learning and Growing Together Through Books
It's never too early--or too late--to start sharing books with your baby
Reading is one of the first activities you can enjoy with your child, and Reading with Babies, Toddlers, and Twos gets you started. Instill a love for reading early by answering questions such as:
- Which books will a newborn baby enjoy?
- ?What do you buy after you've read Goodnight Moon?
- ?Are eBooks and apps appropriate for young children?
- Can I make up a story to tell my child?
- What are the best collections of fairy tales, fables, and other classic stories?
A parenting resource to help with early learning and literacy, Straub, Dell'Antonia, and Payne use their decades of experience as parents, book reviewers, and children's librarians to bring you the very best in children's books, so you'll never run out of ideas for reading with your baby.
"An accessible and enjoyable guide...this book is a 'go-to' resource."--Traci Lester, executive director, Reach Out and Read of Greater New York
Sourcebooks, 9781402278167, 290pp.
Publication Date: May 7, 2013