Philosophy of Technology
List Price: 131.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
Ideal for undergraduate students in philosophy and science studies, Philosophy of Technology offers an engaging and comprehensive overview of a subject vital to our time.
- An up-to-date, accessible overview of the philosophy of technology, defining technology and its characteristics.
- Explores the issues that arise as technology becomes an integral part of our society.
- In addition to traditional topics in science and technology studies, the volume offers discussion of technocracy, the romantic rebellion against technology.
- Complements The Philosophy of Technology: The Technological Condition: An Anthology, edited by Robert C. Scharff and Val Dusek (Blackwell, 2003).
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405111621, 252pp.
Publication Date: March 13, 2006
About the Author
Val Dusek is Professor of Philosophy at the University of New Hampshire. His recent publications include Holistic Inspirations of Physics: An Underground History of Electromagnetic Theory (1999) and Philosophy of Technology - The Technological Condition: An Anthology (co-edited with Robert C. Scharff, Blackwell 2003).