A Companion to Asian American Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies #24) (Paperback)
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405115957, 396pp.
Publication Date: December 10, 2004
Other Editions of This Title:
List Price: 72.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
A Companion to Asian American Studies is comprised of 20 previously published essays that have played an important historical role in the conceptualization of Asian American studies as a field.
- Essays are drawn from international publications, from the 1970s to the present
- Includes coverage of psychology, history, literature, feminism, sexuality, identity politics, cyberspace, pop culture, queerness, hybridity, and diasporic consciousness
- Features a useful introduction by the editor reviewing the selections, and outlining future possibilities for the field
- Can be used alongside Asian American Studies After Critical Mass, edited by Kent A. Ono, for a complete reference to Asian American Studies.
About the Author
Kent A. Ono is Professor of Asian American Studies and Communications, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, where he is also Director of the Asian American Studies Program. He is co-author, with John Sloop, of Shifting Borders (2002), and co-editor of Enterprise Zones (1996).