Twentieth-Century Catholic Theologians
List Price: 45.75*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
This book reports on the lives and works of the most influential Catholic theologians of the twentieth century.
- A new book from one of the foremost Roman Catholic theologians currently writing in English
- Reports on the lives and works of the most influential Catholic theologians of the twentieth century
- Covers theologians including: Chenu, the guru of the French worker priest movement; Congar who was imprisoned in Colditz; and K ng who was banned from teaching for decades because of his radical views
- Highlights the involvement of each theologian with the Second Vatican Council, and the dissatisfaction of most with what was achieved
- Includes a chapter on the controversial prelate, Pope John Paul II
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405120845, 230pp.
Publication Date: December 22, 2006
About the Author
Fergus Kerr, a member of the Order of Preachers and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, holds an honorary fellowship in the School of Divinity at the University of Edinburgh. He is the editor of New Blackfriars, the periodical of the English Dominicans. His previous publications include After Aquinas: Versions of Thomism (Blackwell, 2002).