A Companion to Ancient Egypt
List Price: 517.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This companion provides the very latest accounts of the major and current aspects of Egyptology by leading scholars. Delivered in a highly readable style and extensively illustrated, it offers unprecedented breadth and depth of coverage, giving full scope to the discussion of this incredible civilization.
- Provides the very latest and, where relevant, well-illustrated accounts of the major aspects of Egypt's ancient history and culture
- Covers a broad scope of topics including physical context, history, economic and social mechanisms, language, literature, and the visual arts
- Delivered in a highly readable style with students and scholars of both Egyptology and Graeco-Roman studies in mind
- Provides a chronological table at the start of each volume to help readers orient chapters within the wider historical context
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405155984, 1352pp.
Publication Date: May 10, 2010
About the Author
Alan B. Lloyd is Professor Emeritus in the Department of History and Classics at Swansea University. He is the author of many publications (books, chapters, and articles) on Egyptological and Classical subjects, including a three-volume commentary on Herodotus Book II (1975 - 1985).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase