Philosophy of Science (Hardcover)
An Historical Anthology (Blackwell Philosophy Anthologies #30)
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405175432, 660pp.
Publication Date: May 1, 2009
List Price: 133.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
By combining excerpts from key historical writings with commentary by experts, Philosophy of Science: An Historical Anthology provides a comprehensive history of the philosophy of science from ancient to modern times.
- Provides a comprehensive history of the philosophy of science, from antiquity up to the 20th century
- Includes extensive commentary by scholars putting the selected writings in historical context and pointing out their interconnections
- Covers areas rarely seen in philosophy of science texts, including the philosophical dimensions of biology, chemistry, and geology
- Designed to be accessible to both undergraduates and graduate students
About the Author
Timothy McGrew is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Philosophy at Western Michigan University. Marc Alspector-Kelly is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Western Michigan University. Fritz Allhoff is Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Mallinson Institute for Science Education, and Director of the History and Philosophy of Science Workgroup at Western Michigan University.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase