Indo-European Language and Culture (Paperback)
An Introduction (Blackwell Textbooks in Linguistics #25)
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781405188968, 542pp.
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
List Price: 71.75*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This revised and expanded edition provides a comprehensive overview of comparative Indo-European linguistics and the branches of the Indo-European language family, covering both linguistic and cultural material. Now offering even greater coverage than the first edition, it is the definitive introduction to the field.
- Updated, corrected, and expanded edition, containing new illustrations of selected texts and inscriptions, and text samples with translations and etymological commentary
- Extensively covers individual histories of both ancient and modern languages of the Indo-European family
- Provides an overview of Proto-Indo-European culture, society, and language
- Designed for use in courses, with exercises and suggestions for further reading included in each chapter
- Includes maps, a glossary, a bibliography, and comprehensive word and subject indexes
About the Author
Benjamin W. Fortson IV is Assistant Professor of Greek and Latin Language, Literature, and Historical Linguistics in the Department of Classical Studies at the University of Michigan.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase