Fair Trade (Paperback)
Market-Driven Ethical Consumption
Sage Publications Ltd, 9781412901055, 277pp.
Publication Date: July 12, 2005
- Paul Rice, CEO, TransFair USA
'This work - a powerful study of the maelstrom of issues and cross currents in the Fair Trade and Development movements is long overdue. Through case studies, quantative analysis and reasoned arguement, this work makes its case with cogent force'
- Hamish Renton, Product Manager Food You Can Trust, Tesco
'With the fair trade sector growing rapidly, it is vital that the concept is understood properly and the future potential mapped out. Fair Trade provides a comprehensive guide to all aspects of fair trade which make it a "must read" for everyone from casual buyer right through to seasoned producer. Here's your chance to see how you can easily change the world for the better'
- Mel Young, editor-in-chief, New Consumer, Britain's only fair trade magazine, www.newconsumer.org.
Fair Trade is at a crucial moment in its evolution from alternative trading mechanism to mainstream economic model. This timely and thoughtful book looks at the strategic future for Fair Trade.
Each chapter spearheads a key area of Fair Trade thinking and theory and the political, legal and economic context of Fair Trade is given careful scrutiny. Difficult questions are tackled such as What is the role and value of corporate social responsibility?' and What is the brand meaning of Fair Trade?'
Throughout, readers are supported by:
- Revealing case studies and useful data analysis;
- Concise histories of different Fair Trade organisations;
- Chapter summaries and conclusions.