Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide (Paperback)
NOLO, 9781413319279, 522pp.
Publication Date: November 29, 2013
The only book on tax deductions specifically for residential landlords
Named a ""Top 10 Real Estate Book"" by Robert Bruss, syndicated real estate columnist
If you own rental property, you should be taking advantage of the many tax write-offs available. "Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide" gives residential landlords the plain-English guide they need to save money on taxes -- without the services of a pricey accounting firm.
This book explains how to maximize your deductions without drawing the ire of the IRS. Find out how to:
- fill out IRS Schedule E
- take real estate tax credits
- figure out if an expense is a repair (deductible) or an improvement (depreciable)
- maximize your depreciation deductions
- deduct losses arising from real estate ownership
- keep proper tax records
- deduct home office, travel, and casualty losses
"Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide" is comprehensive yet easy to read and provides interesting real-world examples. This edition is completely updated for 2013 returns and reflects the latest tax information and numbers.