Starting & Building a Nonprofit (Paperback)
A Practical Guide
NOLO, 9781413325997, 288pp.
Publication Date: March 29, 2019
More people than ever are committing themselves to serving their communities and changing the world. Whether you're aiming to protect the environment, support the arts, or help people in need, understanding how to set up a solid nonprofit organization is a great foundation for being as effective as you can be.
With practical advice, legal information, tips, and step-by-step instructions, this essential guide will help you get your nonprofit up and running--and keep it going It explains how to:
- develop a strategic plan and budget
- recruit and manage board members, volunteers, and staff
- market your organization to your target audience
- raise money including traditional methods and crowdfunding
- build a website, use social media strategically, and
- avoid copyright troubles
- adopt policies that are legally sound
- and much more
Whether you are dreaming of starting a nonprofit or are already in the trenches, Starting & Building a Nonprofit will help your organization make a real difference in the world. The fully updated eighth edition includes the latest information on building audience and promoting your mission on social media.