Massage Therapy (Paperback)
Principles and Practice [With DVD]
W.B. Saunders Company, 9781416036524, 904pp.
Publication Date: April 1, 2007
List Price: 72.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition gives you everything you need to learn and apply the basic principles of massage therapy with ease This new edition is more straightforward and easy-to-use than ever, with a new DVD that brings techniques and procedures to life, complete coverage of the latest emerging therapy options and target groups, and new practice materials to help you prepare for certification exams and therapeutic practice. Heavily illustrated and thoroughly revised to cover the widest range of modalities and massage topics in one book, it's the foundation for massage therapy success
- Heavily illustrated for visually enhanced comprehension.
- Covers the fundamentals of massage with just the right amount of detail for shorter programs.
- Full section on anatomy & physiology with essential background.
- Special Populations chapter helps addresses the needs of growing segments.
- Table Talk boxes enrich chapters with additional content and retention tips.
- Bound-in companion DVD provides engaging video demonstrations of massage techniques, client interaction sequences, and anatomy and physiology animations for visually enhanced learning.
- New National Certification Exam (NCE) practice test acquaints students with the exam they must take for certification and builds confidence.
- New Pregnancy and Infant Massage chapter details special therapies unique to these emerging areas of care and helps broaden therapists' treatment scope and increase their marketability.
- New Foot Reflexology chapter introduces a growing field of therapy common to massage courses but not covered by many texts.
- Muscle charts with all-new illustrations present musculoskeletal anatomy with full-color clarify for quick identification.
- New case studies, biographies, appendices, and chapter extras on Evolve enhance chapter content.
- New Reproductive System chapter familiarizes students with the reproductive system and its relationship to treatment modifications.
- New DVD icons throughout text help students quickly identify material highlighted on the DVD.
- New HIPAA guidelines provide essential standards necessary for clinical practice.
- New Introduction to Terminology better prepares students for required A&P and Pathology courses.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase