The Protein Counter (Mass Market Paperbound)
Pocket Books, 9781416509844, 589pp.
Publication Date: December 28, 2010
List Price: 9.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
MORE THAN 7.5 MILION COUNTER BOOKS IN PRINT FROM THE NUTRITION EXPERTS Put the latest protein recommendations to work for you. Every day your body must build and replace millions of cells--an impossible job without proteins. The amount you need changes with exercise, stress, weight loss, illness, injury, and pregnancy. That's why your body is counting on you to eat the proteins it needs to maximize fitness, boost your immune system, protect you from chronic disease, help you lose weight and keep it off, and much more. The completely revised and updated Protein Counter will help you individualize a protein plan to keep your body active, strong, and healthy. u Protein, fat, carbohydrate, and calorie counts for more than 15,000 brand-name and generic foods, including hundreds of energy bars and drinks
- Three easy steps to determine how much protein you should eat daily
- New information on protein and weight loss, including why you can't be healthy without the right amount
- Tips for using protein to maximize your physical output
- Simple ways to meet your protein needs without eating meat