Around the World in Eighty Days (Mass Market Paperbound)
Pocket Books, 9781416534723, 267pp.
Publication Date: May 1, 2007
List Price: 5.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase
ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP After making an audacious wager, the wealthy and eccentric Phileas Fogg attempts a seemingly impossible feat -- to circumnavigate the globe in eighty days. THIS ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
- A concise introduction that gives the reader important background information
- A chronology of the author's life and work
- A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
- An outline of key themes and plot points to guide the reader's own interpretations
- Detailed explanatory notes
- Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
- Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
- A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience