The Detox Strategy (Hardcover)
Vibrant Health in 5 Easy Steps
Free Press, 9781416572534, 304pp.
Publication Date: March 4, 2008
Other Editions of This Title:
The Detox Strategy by Brenda Watson, C.N.C., who is the bestselling author of The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret, a PBS mainstay, and an expert on internal cleansing and detoxification, introduces us to the revolutionary RENEW program (Reduce, Eliminate, Nourish, Energize, Wellness), which aids in reversing the effects of aging and rejuvenating the body and mind. The program offers a holistic approach to protecting and nurturing your body's innate purification physiology. The result is a higher quality of life, more energy, longevity.
The Detox Strategy reveals:
- The truth about where toxins come from and how they affect our bodies
- How toxins can accelerate the aging process by causing poor health and chronic disease
- How to determine your individual level of toxic exposure and the steps you can take to reduce it
- Why efforts to cleanse and detoxify the body are an essential part of enhancing one's energy and vitality and preserving overall health
- How maintaining a cleaner, more vibrant body can affect longevity
The Detox Strategy includes a detailed herbal supplement plan for gently flushing out harmful toxins -- including heavy metals like lead and mercury -- plus delicious original recipes for nourishing meals that further promote detoxification. The Detox Strategy teaches cleansing concepts that are researched and clinically proven, and it provides you with the necessary tools to live in a purer and more energized body. Brenda Watson wants you to know the truth about your body and to help you live a longer and healthier life. With this easy-to-follow program you can jump-start your system and get on a path to optimum wellness. Are you ready?
About the Author
Leonard Smith, M.D., is a renowned general gastrointestinal and vascular surgeon as well as an expert in nutrition and natural supplementation. Dr. Smith is a board-certified general surgeon and is currently a member of the volunteer faculty at the University of Miami Department of Surgery. Dr. Smith has been a surgeon in Florida for twenty-five years and currently resides there with his wife and two grown daughters.