Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 9781416935841, 176pp.
Publication Date: June 17, 2008
Abby is back at the same old camp she goes to every summer -- except for the fact that this summer, nothing is the same. Her friend Rose is a cabin assistant, her friend Beth is pierced, and now the only person who doesn't seem too cool for Abby is Shasta, the new girl.
1. who is one-eighth Cherokee.
2. who was struck by lightning.
3. whose Internet boyfriend is a senior in high school.
4. who can't do any activities because of various questionable ailments.
5. who is totally annoying to everyone but Abby.
Can Abby be friends with a girl who all her other friends can't stand? Especially when Shasta has secrets that she isn't even telling Abby?
Brilliantly plotted by Eisner Award winner Hope Larson, this is the story of one summer that will most definitely be different from the rest.