Field Guide to Fishes of the Chesapeake Bay
The only comprehensive field guide to the Chesapeake's fishes, this book is an indispensable resource for both anglers and students of the Bay. Vivid illustrations by Val Kells complement the expertise of researchers Edward O. Murdy and John A. Musick. They describe fishes that inhabit waters ranging from low-salinity estuaries to the point where the Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
Key features of this field guide include
- full-color illustrations of more than 200 species
- text that is presented adjacent to illustrations for easy reference
- detailed descriptions of physical characteristics, range, occurrence in the Bay, reproduction, diet, and statistics from fisheries research
- spot illustrations that highlight critical features of certain fish
- illustrations of juveniles when they look different from adults
- appendices that include identification keys
Formatted as a compact field guide for students, scientists, researchers, and fishermen, Field Guide to Fishes of the Chesapeake Bay should be a standard passenger on any boat that plies the Chesapeake's waters.
Johns Hopkins University Press, 9781421407685, 345pp.
Publication Date: May 1, 2013