The Pocket Guide to Brilliance (Paperback)
Gibbs Smith, 9781423605041, 272pp.
Publication Date: December 18, 2008
Punctuated with both sharp and dry wit, Bart King presents a wealth of fascinating trivia. Brilliant people are those who walk father, think deeper, and talk louder than the rest of us. They do what it takes to get the job done, and then some.
Learn from masters of brilliance like:
- The first female journalist, Anne Royall, who forced an interview with John Quincy Adams by stealing his clothes while he was skinny dipping
- Candidate John Lindsay, who released chickens at a speech by his opponent, George Wallace, in order to shame Wallace into a debate.
- Benjamin Franklin, the originator of phrases like "A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one," and "A man who lives on hope, dies farting."
Bart King, a self-proclaimed "dabbler," is interested in games, magic, current events, music, chess, history, literature, geography, travel, crime, science fiction, art, and almost everything else The veteran of many water-balloon wars, he's twice won the prized "Arrested Development" award from the New York Society of Amateur Psychologists. He earned a master's degree in history from Sonoma State University and has taught middle school for the past fifteen years.
Bart's work has been featured in The Oregonian, The Portland Tribune, Chicago Parent, Family Fun magazine and many other publications. He has also appeared on dozens of television and radio programs including the widely syndicated "Bob and Tom Show."
Not only is Bart a wild and crazy boy, he's also the author of bestseller The Big Book of Boy Stuff. Bart subsequently co-authored The Big Book of Girl Stuff with his five sisters and 50 former students. This title won widespread acclaim; if you are skeptical (and you should be ) please see its product page.
Also, take a look at these fun links:
- Bart's fabulously fun and entertaining blogs: Ultra-Gross and Unexpectedly Bart
- Bart's awesome Website: Bartking.net
- Bart's: Amazon Author Page