The Big Book of Gross Stuff (Paperback)
Gibbs Smith Publishers, 9781423607465, 288pp.
Publication Date: March 1, 2010
From boogers, B.O., and belches to sneezes, diseases, and demon cheeses, The Big Book of Gross Stuff is chock-full of practical knowledge including a Gross Quiz (kids can see how they stack up against the rest of society) and the World's Most Disgusting Jobs (whale-feces research, anyone?).
With the turn of every page, The Big Book of Gross Stuff will challenge your gag reflexes as it introduces topics, terminology and trivia about toilets, scabies, decaying bodies, and much more. The pages overflow with humor and an array of cool phrases that will have readers bending and sending, blowing soup, and gargling gravy all the way to the bathroom
For instance, did you know:
- In 1971, a band named Hot Poop released a record titled Does Their Own Stuff They were never heard from again.
- When using fake vomit, the key to faking people out is to sprinkle water on the stuff to make it look more realistic.
- Belly button lint is composed of dust, dried sweat, fat, dead skin, and bits of cotton. A man named Graham Barker has collected his belly button lint in jars since 1984.
Check out the book trailer on YouTube: Big Book of Gross Stuff: Making Distinctions http: //bit.ly/gcWwcB
Bart King, a self-proclaimed "dabbler," is interested in games, magic, current events, music, chess, history, literature, geography, travel, crime, science fiction, art, and almost everything else The veteran of many water-balloon wars, he's twice won the prized "Arrested Development" award from the New York Society of Amateur Psychologists. He earned a master's degree in history from Sonoma State University and has taught middle school for the past fifteen years.
Bart's work has been featured in The Oregonian, The Portland Tribune, Chicago Parent, Family Fun magazine and many other publications. He has also appeared on dozens of television and radio programs including the widely syndicated "Bob and Tom Show."
Not only is Bart a wild and crazy boy, he's also the author of the bestselling Big Book of Boy Stuff. Bart subsequently co-authored The Big Book of Girl Stuff with his five sisters and 50 former students. This title won widespread acclaim; if you are skeptical (and you should be ) please see its product page.
Also, take a look at these fun links:
- Bart's fabulously fun and entertaining blogs: Ultragross.blogspot.com and Bartkings.blogspot.com
- Bart's awesome Website: Bartking.net
- Bart's Amazon Author Page & Video http: //amzn.to/fp8LaA