Modern Mindfulness (CD-Audio)
How to Be More Relaxed, Focused, and Kind While Living in a Fast, Digital, Always-On World
Macmillan Audio, 9781427285140
Publication Date: January 24, 2017
In Modern Mindfulness, Rohan Gunatillake argues that to lead more mindful, calm and happy lives, switching off is the last thing we need to do. Instead he gives listeners ideas, principles, and techniques to bring awareness, composure, and kindness whatever they are doing. Filled with over sixty practical exercises, the author’s mobile mindfulness approach gives the benefits of meditation to even the busiest of lives.
Ideas from Modern Mindfulness:
- Learn to fade out instead just falling asleep
- Learn to watch TV mindfully (yes, it’s possible!)
- Make mobility part of mindfulness (we’re always on the move!)
- Use technology for good instead of evil (no need to do a digital detox).
- Learn to “whack-a-thought” and stay centered
About the Author
ROHAN GUNATILLAKE is the creator of the buddhify app. Rohan is a trustee of the British Council, and, in 2012, Wired named him in their Smart List of 50 people who will change the world. He studied chemistry at Oxford. He lives in Glasgow with his wife and son.