Why Men Fear Marriage (Paperback)
The Surprising Truth Behind Why So Many Men Can't Commit
Gallery Books/Karen Hunter Publishing, 9781439101506, 256pp.
Publication Date: January 4, 2011
Other Editions of This Title:
Why Men Fear Marriage is the new dating bible, and it begins with one essential golden rule: If a man is interested, he’ll let you know. From there, #1 Essence magazine bestselling author RM Johnson explains, with wit and honesty, what men really think, feel, and fear when it comes to tying the knot. You’ll learn to recognize the five types of guys—yes, every man fits one of them—and discover invaluable and empowering advice on every page:
• ten steps to make him pop the question without an ultimatum
• how to spot opportunities to meet marrying men—at the gym,
at the market, and elsewhere
• when to take his phone number, and when to give him yours
• how to let a guy down . . . gently
• where you should meet on your first date
• an instant way to win his respect
. . . and much more.
About the Author
Karen Hunter is a Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist, a celebrated radio talk-show host, and coauthor of numerous New York Times bestsellers, including Confessions of a Video Vixen, On the Down Low, and Wendy’s Got the Heat. She is also an assistant professor in the Film & Media Department at Hunter College.