Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel (Paperback)
The Complete Guide to Mystery, Suspense, and Crime
Writer's Digest Books, 9781440347160, 298pp.
Publication Date: January 13, 2017
Other Editions of This Title:
Discover the secrets to crafting an unforgettable mystery
To piece together the puzzle of your mystery novel, you need patience, resilience, a solid understanding of the craft, and a clear blueprint for combining the plot, characters, setting, and more. And while patience and resilience must come from you, the essentials of craft and the plan to execute them are right at your fingertips with Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel. This completely revised and updated edition features solid strategies for drafting, revising, and selling an intriguing novel that grips your readers and refuses to let them go.
New York Times best-selling author Hallie Ephron shows you how to:
- Create a compelling sleuth and a worthy villain
- Construct a plot rich in twists, red herrings, and misdirection
- Bring the story to a satisfying conclusion
- Sharpen characters and optimize pace during revision
- Seek publication through both traditional and indie paths