Bible Journaling Made Simple (Paperback)
An Art-Filled Journey for Creative Worship
North Light Books, 9781440353338, 144pp.
Publication Date: October 23, 2018
Other Editions of This Title:
Your relationship with God is unique. Shouldn't your Bible reflect and celebrate that bond? In this introduction to Bible journaling, you'll discover meaningful ways to combine art, heart and scripture--from backgrounds to hand-lettered verses to beautiful full-page drawings. No expensive supplies or artistic skills are required...only a desire to honor and enhance your spiritual life.
To guide your creative worship experience, this book provides:
- Prompts to engage you with the text, then visually interpret Scripture in words and pictures
- Basic techniques for working with colored pencils, watercolor pencils and watercolor paints
- 21 step-by-step tutorials for drawing trees, flowers, skies, mountains, maps, water, light and other popular themes
- Tons of inspirational page samples and suggested verses to illustrate
- Downloadable icons and technique videos available on the author's website
"Our lives are busy, and we leave a trail of things-we-should-remember on the ground behind us. Instead, scoop them up and journal them. Preserve the lessons vital to our growth as Christians." page 12.