The Daily Vegan Planner (Paperback)
Twelve Weeks to a Complete Vegan Diet Transition
Adams Media, 9781440529986, 240pp.
Publication Date: December 18, 2011
List Price: 16.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Eating nutritionally balanced, all-vegan meals can be a tough taskafter all, broccoli doesn't come with food labels. Now, vegan readers don't have to question how wholesome their healthy food really is or how they'll add sufficient protein to their diet. The Daily Vegan Planner pairs twelve weeks of meal plans with journaling space to help new vegans follow a clear-cut strategy as they transition into their new lifestyle. Each day, readers will:
- eat four practical, nutritious, and tasty vegan meals;
- track essential nutrientsfrom carbs and protein, to calcium and B12;
- record types of food they ate on a vegan food pyramid;
- and journal about food discoveries, daily challenges, and kitchen notes.
About the Author
Jolinda Hackett has been a vegetarian for nearly twenty years, and a plant-based vegan for ten. She wrote The Everything(R) Vegan Cookbook and Cookouts Veggie Style! Hackett counsels new vegetarians online as the About.com Guide to Vegetarian Food. She lives in Santa Barbara, CA. Nicole Cormier, RD, LDN, is a registered dietitian and owner of the nutrition counseling company Delicious Living Nutrition. She wrote The Everyhing(R) Healthy College Cookbook and coauthored The Everything(R) Juicing Book.