How to Talk to Your Kids about Your Divorce (Paperback)
Healthy, Effective Communication Techniques for Your Changing Family
Adams Media Corporation, 9781440588785, 254pp.
Publication Date: September 15, 2015
List Price: 15.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Expert advice for discussing divorce with your children Written by Dr. Samantha Rodman, founder of DrPsychMom.com, How to Talk to Your Kids about Your Divorce teaches you how to raise a happy, thriving family in a changing environment. Each page offers expert advice for discussing your decision in healthy and effective ways, including breaking the initial news, fostering an open dialogue, and ensuring that your children's emotional needs are met throughout your separation. With Dr. Rodman's proven communication techniques, you will:
- Initiate honest conversations where your children can express their thoughts
- Discuss divorce-related topics and answer questions in age-appropriate ways
- Validate your children's feelings, making them feel acknowledged and secure
- Strengthen and deepen your relationship with your kids
About the Author
Dr. Samantha Rodman is a clinical psychologist in private practice in the DC and Baltimore areas. Her writing has been featured in publications including the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, Babble, Scary Mommy, The Good Men Project, ModernMom, Moms Magazine, Psych Central, and more. You can visit her website at www.drpsychmom.com.