The Everything Essential Buddhism Book (Paperback)
A Guide to the Fundamental Beliefs and Traditions of Buddhism, Past and Present
Everything, 9781440589829, 288pp.
Publication Date: July 10, 2015
Your concise guide to Buddhism, mindfulness, and meditation The Everything Essential Buddhism Book is your beginner's guide to the Buddhist principles of nonviolence, mindfulness, and self-awareness. Learn about the deceptively simple truths of this enigmatic religion, including:
- The life of Buddha and his continuing influence throughout the world
- Buddha's teachings and the Four Noble Truths of Buddhism
- The Noble Eightfold Path and how it should guide you
- What the Sutras say about education, marriage, sex, and death
- The proven physiological effects of meditation
- The growing impact of Buddhism on modern American culture
About the Author
Arnie Kozak, PhD, took the Bodhisattva vows from His Holiness the Dalai Lama in 1985 and is on the teaching faculty of the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies and the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Lenox, MA. Dr. Kozak is a licensed psychologist and a clinical instructor in the departments of psychiatry and medicine at the University of Vermont College of Medicine. He founded Exquisite Mind in 2002, which includes a psychotherapy practice, studio space for teaching meditation, and the website (www.exquisitemind.com). He lives in Burlington, VT.