The Incas (Peoples of America #13) (Paperback)
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781444331158, 547pp.
Publication Date: May 27, 2014
The Incas is a captivating exploration of one of the greatest civilizations ever seen. Seamlessly drawing on history, archaeology, and ethnography, this thoroughly updated new edition integrates advances made in hundreds of new studies conducted over the last decade.
- Written by one of the world's leading experts on Inca civilization
- Covers Inca history, politics, economy, ideology, society, and military organization
- Explores advances in research that include pre-imperial Inca society; the royal capital of Cuzco; the sacred landscape; royal estates; Machu Picchu; provincial relations; the khipu information-recording technology; languages, time frames, gender relations, effects on human biology, and daily life
- Explicitly examines how the Inca world view and philosophy affected the character of the empire
- Illustrated with over 90 maps, figures, and photographs