Sweet Reason 2e
List Price: 72.75*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Sweet Reason: A Field Guide to Modern Logic, 2nd Edition offers an innovative, friendly, and effective introduction to logic. It integrates formal first order, modal, and non-classical logic with natural language reasoning, analytical writing, critical thinking, set theory, and the philosophy of logic and mathematics.
- An innovative introduction to the field of logic designed to entertain as it informs
- Integrates formal first order, modal, and non-classical logic with natural language reasoning, analytical writing, critical thinking, set theory, and the philosophy of logic and mathematics
- Addresses contemporary applications of logic in fields such as computer science and linguistics
- A web-site (www.wiley.com/go/henle) linked to the text features numerous supplemental exercises and examples, enlightening puzzles and cartoons, and insightful essays
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781444337150, 400pp.
Publication Date: September 21, 2011
About the Author
James M. Henle is Professor of Mathematics at Smith College. His books include Calculus: the Language of Change (with David Cohen), Infinitesimal Calculus (with Eugene Kleinberg), and An Outline of Set Theory. Jay L. Garfield is Doris Silbert Professor in the Humanities and Professor of Philosophy at Smith College, Professor in the Graduate Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts, Professor of Philosophy at Melbourne University, and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at the Central University of Tibetan Studies. Thomas Tymoczko was, until his death, Professor of Philosophy at Smith College. He was editor of New Directions in the Philosophy of Mathematics.