Fox & Chick (Hardcover)
The Quiet Boat Ride and Other Stories (Early Chapter for Kids, Books about Friendship, Preschool Picture Books)
Chronicle Books, 9781452152899, 56pp.
Publication Date: March 5, 2019
Other Editions of This Title:
Opposite personalities attract for these two unlikely friends: In the second book of this lauded series, Fox and Chick are off on three new adventures involving a boat ride, a mysterious box, and an early morning trip to see the sunrise. Despite the antics ensuing from their different personalities, the contradictory duo always manages to have fun together.
- This early chapter book in comic-book form is perfect for emerging readers, while the sweet and funny characters and captivating art hold appeal for picture book audiences as well.
- Inspires conversation about accepting and appreciating each other's differences.
- Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been praised by the Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers.
Sweet and funny characters and appealing art are the backdrop for an important lesson in appreciating the differences among friends.
- Great read aloud book for family or elementary story time
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Books for early and emergent readers
About the Author
Praise For Fox & Chick: The Quiet Boat Ride and Other Stories (Early Chapter for Kids, Books about Friendship, Preschool Picture Books)…
"Echoes the poignant if occasionally antagonistic friendships of such odd couples as Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad. bringing the gentle message of learning to live with, and even appreciate, one another's quirks." —Kirkus Reviews