The World's Worst Networker (Paperback)
Lessons Learned by the Best from the Absolute Worst!
Createspace Independent Publishing Platform, 9781453866801, 194pp.
Publication Date: January 29, 2011
* Individual store prices may vary.
They are everywhere
You can find them at trade shows and the business card exchanges. They attend conferences and seminars, and they have infiltrated networking groups around the world.
Chances are you have encountered them or have been their victim. Maybe you're one of them and don't even know it
These are The World's Worst Networkers.
Bestselling author and professional speaker, Tim Houston and several of the world's leading experts on business networking and relationship building take an uncensored look at the way some people conduct their business networking, online and offline.
Their stories, experiences and the true confessions about these nightmares of networking will teach you exactly how NOT to network
You will learn:
- How to Beware and be aware of the 11 people on The Most Unwanted List at every networking event.
- How to spot and avoid the 8 Environmental Disasters who attend specific networking events and situations.
- Who are the Online Outlaws and how to deal with them in real life as well as on social media.
- The true stories (and some true confessions) about how to go from being a Networking Mess to a Success.
Featuring contributions by bestselling authors
- Dr. Ivan Misner, New York Times Bestselling author of 25+ books and founder of BNI, the world's largest and greatest business referral organization
- Bob Burg, speaker and author of
and Endless Referrals
How to Work a Room(R)
- Susan RoAne -- speaker and author of the 1 Million+ best seller
How to Master Networking
- Robyn Henderson - Australia's "Networking Strategist," speaker and author of
- Jan Vermeiren - the World's 1st Certified LinkedIn Trainer. Author of
and How to REALLY use LinkedIn
- ...and many more business people and experts from around the world.
About the Author
IN MY OWN WORDS: "I like to think of myself as a guy who, after 20+ years of real-life business experience, 'in the trenches, not the Ivory Tower' often offers unique and sometimes common-sense approaches to solving what seems like complex problems for business people. I have been very fortunate to work with people from around the world who come from all walks of life and are at different levels of success. I love teaching them how to make their networking and referral marketing and generation efforts to be more productive, profitable and prosperous." OFFICIAL BIO: Tim Houston is a bestselling author and professional speaker. For over two decades, he has dedicated himself to helping businesses of all sizes to become more productive, profitable and prosperous through referral-based marketing and business networking. Tim has positively impacted thousands of business people through his high-energy keynotes, workshops, masterclasses and consulting sessions across the globe. He has shared the platform with business leaders and authorities such as Bob Burg, Tom Connellan, Michael Gerber, Dr. Ivan Misner and Susan RoAne. Tim has written four books which have been #1 international, category bestsellers on Amazon and other bestseller lists. He is a contributor to The New York Times Best Seller and multiple #1 Best Seller, Masters of Sales (Entrepreneur Press, 2007). Tim's articles on the topics of business networking and referral marketing and generation have been translated and published in magazines, newspapers and blogs around the world. Over the years, he has been interviewed on many local TV and radio shows and the books/projects he has been involved with have been featured in: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, Business Week and USA Today. Learn more at www.tmhouston.com Specialties: Referral Generation, Referral Marketing, Sales, Networking, Marketing, Word-of-Mouth, Selling, Speaking, Training, Presentation skills, Entrepreneurship