A Guide for Visitors
Grand Central Publishing, 9781455520589, 192pp.
Publication Date: November 13, 2012
List Price: 16.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Thinking of visiting Portlandia? Discover all that this magical, dreamy city has to offer with PORTLANDIA: A Guide for Visitors. Inside you'll find:
- A comprehensive guide to all restaurants and food carts, including extensive use of symbols to signify Vegan, Freegan, Sea-gan, Wheelchair-Accessible, Skateboard-Accessible, Segway-Accessible, Clothing Optional, Polyamorous, LGBTQ, Dog-Friendly (No cats), Cat-Friendly (No dogs or mice) Mouse-Friendly (No cats or elephants), For Dogs (only), Regionally-Sourced Food, Regionally-Sourced Waitstaff, and House-Sourced Food (Born/dies on plate).
- A guide for dogs and dog owners, including a detailed map of the numerous dog parks the city has to offer. Very numerous and passionately maintained.
- An up-to-date guide to shopping, schools, and entertainment.
- A city activities guide for older adults who are stuck in perpetual early twentysomething-dom.
- A guide for getting around, either by foot, or by bicycle, the official car of Portlandia. Featured also are the 9 official bicycle rules of the road, drawn up by Spyke and his bike comrades. Not to be ignored
About the Author
Fred Armisen is an actor, comedian and musician best known for his work as a cast member on Saturday Night Live. Carrie Brownstein is a musician, writer, and actress, best known as a guitarist and vocalist in the now-defunct Portland, Oregon-based band Sleater-Kinney. In 2006 she was the only woman to earn a spot in the Rolling Stone readers' list of the 25 "Most Underrated Guitarists of All-Time." Together Armisen and Brownstein created the TV series Portlandia.