How Worship Transforms Your Life, Family, and Church
B&H Books, 9781462742660, 176pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2017
Sing has grown from Keith and Kristyn Getty's passion for congregational singing; it's been formed by their traveling and playing and listening and discussing and learning and teaching all over the world.
And in writing it, they have five key aims:
- to discover why we sing and the overwhelming joy and holy privilege that comes with singing
- to consider how singing impacts our hearts and minds and all of our lives
- to cultivate a culture of family singing in our daily home life
- to equip our churches for wholeheartedly singing to the Lord and one another as an expression of unity
- to inspire us to see congregational singing as a radical witness to the world
They have also added a few "bonus tracks" at the end with some more practical suggestions for different groups who are more deeply involved with church singing.
God intends for this compelling vision of His people singing--a people joyfully joining together in song with brothers and sisters around the world and around his heavenly throne--to include you. He wants you, he wants us, to sing.