New York City (Paperback)
DK Eyewitness Travel, 9781465428660, 440pp.
Publication Date: October 6, 2015
Other Editions of This Title:
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New York City is your in-depth guide to the very best of the "Big Apple." From unearthing archaeological treasures at The Metropolitan Museum of Art to biking through Central Park to strolling the streets of the artsy Soho and East and West Village neighborhoods, experience all that New York City has to offer. Plus, check out the best of the boroughs with suggested highlights for Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, The Bronx, and upper Manhattan.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New York City- Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
- Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
- Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
- Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances .
- Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
- Area maps marked with sights and restaurants .
- Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation .
- Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
- Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city .
- Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New York City truly shows you this city as no one else can.
Recommend: For a pocket guidebook to New York City, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 New York City, which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.