DKfindout! Sharks (DK findout!) (Paperback)
DK Children, 9781465457516, 64pp.
Publication Date: January 10, 2017
Dive into the world of sharks with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that Greenland sharks can live for 400 years? Or that some sharks glow in the dark? Find out why!
Perfect for savvy shark fans who want a highly visual nature book to increase their shark know-how, DK findout! Sharks is sure to inspire the next generation of scientists, marine biologists, and conservationists. Inside, author Sarah Fowler breaks down what sharks are, where they live, and what makes them so cool.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Get up close and personal with all kinds of sharks, from bullhead and cow to carpet and hammerhead
- Learn how to identify different types of sharks by their habits and features
- Discover which sharks are the strongest, fastest, biggest, and smallest
- Read about ocean conservation and how people are helping to protect sharks in danger
- Hear from real-life shark photographer Rob Allen, who leads scuba-diving expeditions to remote parts of the world
- Fold out the cover for a shark quiz, family tree, and grouping guide
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about sharks—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
About the Author
Trusted by parents, teachers, librarians, and kids across the world, DK is an award-winning publisher of visual reference books for children, including the DK Eyewitness Books, DK findout!, and Maker Lab series. DK books combine clear photography and illustration with expert text to show you what others only tell you.
Praise For DKfindout! Sharks (DK findout!)…
"It's a brief but thorough overview of an always fascinating predator, housed in an engaging, accessible format." –Publishers Weekly
“High-interest topics, an abundance of eye-catching photos and visuals, and accessible text are a mainstay of DK titles, and the entries in this DK findout! series are no exception” –Booklist
“Photographs dominate the image-centric layout, augmented by informational bursts and sidebars, quizzes, and interviews… [A]n engaging, accessible format” –Publishers Weekly
“Filled with the beautiful photographs that DK is known for, plus a multitude of facts, prepare to not see your child for a few hours as they pore over these gorgeous books.” –Brightly