DK Eyewitness India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
DK Eyewitness Travel, 9781465460523, 800pp.
Publication Date: October 17, 2017
Explore this vast and beguiling country, from peaceful Darjeeling and vibrant Kolkata to Kanha National Park and its tigers, the idyllic Kerala backwaters, and the majestic Taj Mahal.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: India.• Hotel and restaurant listings and recommendations.
• Detailed itineraries and "don't miss" destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: India truly shows you India as no one else can.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
Praise For DK Eyewitness India (Travel Guide)…
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer