Family Guide Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
DK Eyewitness Travel, 9781465469007, 424pp.
Publication Date: May 15, 2018
Other Editions of This Title:
This guide offers you the best things to see and do on a family vacation throughout Italy, including Rome, Venice, and Florence. Each spread bursts with family-focused travel tips and ideas for activities that will engage children, from pony-trekking in Gran Sasso National Park in Abruzzo to spending the night next to the shark tank at the Aquarium of Genoa in Liguria to visiting the Colosseum in Rome.
• Each major sight is treated as a "hub" destination, around which to plan a day. Plus, DK's custom illustrations and reconstructions of city sights give real cultural insight.
• "Let off steam" suggestions and eating options around each attraction enable the entire family to recharge.
• Maps outline the nearest parks, playgrounds, and public restrooms.
• "Take shelter" sections suggest indoor activities for rainy days.
• Language section lists essential words and phrases.
• Dedicated "Kids' Corner" features include cartoons, quizzes, puzzles, games, and riddles to inform and entertain young travelers.
• Listings provide family-friendly hotels and dining options.
Written by travel experts and parents who understand the need to keep children entertained while enjoying family time together, DK Eyewitness Family Guides offer child-friendly sleeping and eating options, detailed maps of main sightseeing areas, travel information, budget guidance, age-range suitability, and activities for every age.
Praise For Family Guide Italy (Travel Guide)…
"What…makes this series unusual is the attention to detail. Yes, all the big sights are here, but even the famous places are given a slight twist — always with children and their parents in mind." – Chicago Tribune
"For families traveling with young people, it's hard to do better than this handsomely illustrated guide, which is arranged geographically and notable for its focus on family friendly activities." – Library Journal