DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Paris (Paperback)
DK Eyewitness Travel, 9781465471611, 328pp.
Publication Date: October 2, 2018
DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Find your corner of Paris with this essential travel guide to this beautiful city, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you there before you’ve even packed your case – get a bird’s eye view of Paris from the Eiffel Tower, admire the art at the Louvre and the Pompidou Centre, or take a stroll along the Canal St-Martin. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Paris covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won’t miss a thing.
• Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
• Reasons to love Paris: iconic landmarks, mouth-watering cuisine, lively local markets and haute couture – what will yours be?
• See Paris from a different angle - 26 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
• A year-long calendar of events in Paris gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
• Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Metro map
• Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Over 15 detailed, color maps help you navigate the city with ease
• Expert tips to make memories that last – where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
• The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
• Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
• Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Notre-Dame, Sainte-Chapelle, the Sacré-Coeur and the Panthéon
• Covers Île de la Cité and Île St-Louis; the Marais; Bastille and Oberkampf; République and Canal St-Martin; Belleville and Ménilmontant; La Villette; Montmartre and Pigalle; Opéra and Grands Boulevards; Louvre and Les Halles; Eiffel Tower and Invalides; Champs-Élysées and Chaillot; St-Germain-des-Prés; Latin Quarter; Jardin des Plantes and Place d’Italie; Montparnasse and Jardin du Luxembourg; plus sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Paris is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness guide to France.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK’s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Praise For DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Paris: 2019…
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer