Why Suffering? (Digital Audiobook)
Finding Meaning and Comfort When Life Doesn't Make Sense
Publication Date: October 20, 2014
Why would a loving and powerful God allow so much pain and suffering? In WHY SUFFERING? Ravi Zacharias and Vince Vitale carefully walk you through a variety of responses that considered together provide a clear, comprehensive, and convincing answer. Responses like:
- Where there is the possibility of love, there has to be the reality of freedom, and therefore the possibility of pain.
- Wishing God had made a different world is to wish yourself out of existence.
- The cross is the key to a compelling and rational explanation for trusting in God in the face of suffering.
- In comparison with other world religions, the Christian response is highly distinctive.
- The reality of evil only makes sense in light of the reality of divine goodness.
- Relational knowledge about God takes the argument beyond reason to the presence of God amidst suffering.
- God's decision to allow temporal suffering is understandable when viewed from an eternal perspective.
- Divine goodness shows how to conquer not in spite of, but even through suffering.
About the Author
Ravi Zacharias is the founder and chairman of the board of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in Canada, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates. Dr. Zacharias and his wife, Margie, have three grown children. He is the author of many books, including Can Man Live Without God and Why Jesus?
Dr. Vince Vitale, born in NYC and raised in a family one generation removed from Mafia heritage, went to study philosophy at Princeton University and there took an unexpected journey that led him to God. In his PhD, Vince went on to develop a new response to the problem of evil. He now teaches at Wycliffe Hall of Oxford University, is Senior Tutor at the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, and is a speaker for RZIM.