As You Wish (Hardcover)
Sourcebooks Fire, 9781492642312, 432pp.
Publication Date: January 2, 2018
Other Editions of This Title:
If you could make one wish that was guaranteed to come true--what would you wish for?
Rules for Wishing:
- Never let an outsider find out about wishing. (Zip your lips and throw away the key.)
- Wishes that would impact the world are off limits (i.e. no bringing back the dinosaurs).
- Do no harm. (Murder = no bueno.)
- No time travel. (What's done is done, pal.)
- No bringing back the dead. (Come on. You've seen what happens in THE WALKING DEAD.)
- NEVER BREAK THE RULES. (Seriously. We mean it. See Rule #7.)
- There are always consequences.
Madison is a small town in the Mojave desert on the road between nothing and nowhere. It's an unremarkable speck on the map, which is perfect for protecting the town's secret. Because in Madison, everyone can make one wish on their eighteenth birthday-and that wish always comes true.
Most of Eldon's classmates have had their wishes picked out for months, even years. Not Eldon. He's seen how wishing has hurt the people around him. His parents' marriage is strained, his sister is a virtual ghost in their house, his ex-girlfriend is dating his ex-friend...where does he even begin?
One thing is for sure: Eldon has only twenty-five days to figure it out--and the rest of his life to live with the consequences.