Begin to Code with Python (Paperback)
Microsoft Press, 9781509304523, 528pp.
Publication Date: December 8, 2017
List Price: 39.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Become a Python programmer-and have fun doing it Start writing software that solves real problems, even if you have absolutely no programming experience This friendly, easy, full-color book puts you in total control of your own learning, empowering you to build unique and useful programs. Microsoft has completely reinvented the beginning programmer's tutorial, reflecting deep research into how today's beginners learn, and why other books fall short. Begin to Code with Python is packed with innovations, from its "Snaps" prebuilt operations to its "Make Something Happen" projects. Whether you're a total beginner or you've tried before, this guide will put the power, excitement, and fun of programming where it belongs: in your hands Easy, friendly, and you're in control Learn how to...
- Get, install, and use powerful free tools to create modern Python programs
- Learn key concepts from 170 sample programs, and use them to jumpstart your own
- Discover exactly what happens when a program runs
- Approach program development with a professional perspective
- Learn the core elements of the Python language
- Build more complex software with classes, methods, and objects
- Organize programs so they're easy to build and improve
- Capture and respond to user input
- Store and manipulate many types of real-world data
- Define custom data types to solve specific problems
- Create interactive games that are fun to play
- Build modern web and cloud-based applications
- Use pre-built libraries to quickly create powerful software
- For absolute beginners who've never written a line of code
- For anyone who's been frustrated with other beginning programming books or courses
- For people who've started out with other languages and now want to learn Python
- Works with Windows PC, Apple Mac, Linux PC, or Raspberry Pi
- Includes mapping of MTA exam objectives that are covered in this book, as well as an appendix with further explanation of some of the topics on the exam
About the Author
Rob Miles has taught computer programming for over 30 years. A Microsoft MVP for Windows Development, Rob enjoys inspiring programmers at all levels. He writes his own games, programs, and poetry, has consulted on many commercial software projects, and is the author of Begin to Code with C#.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase