The Scouting Guide to Tracking
An Officially-Licensed Book of the Boy Scouts of America: More than 100 Essential Skills for Identifying and Trailing Animals (A BSA Scouting Guide)
- How to determine the age of tracks in any circumstance
- How to recognize the distinctive marks of dozens of different species
- How to track in desert, forest, snow, and grassy areas
- How to identify instances when an animal has circled around or backtracked
- Stalking techniques such as cold hunting, camouflaging, and using the stump method
- How time and weather affect signs
- And so much more!
Since 1910, the Boy Scouts of America has helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The BSA is committed to training youth in responsible citizenship, character development, and self-reliance through participation in a wide range of outdoor activities.
Skyhorse, 9781510737730, 184pp.
Publication Date: January 7, 2020
About the Author
Len McDougall is a field guide and wildlife tracker in Michigan’s north woods, where he teaches survival classes and tests outdoor products. He has written for Field & Stream and published several books, including The Self-Reliance Manifesto, The Complete Tracker, The Encyclopedia of Tracks and Scats, The Field & Stream Wilderness Survival Handbook, and Practical Outdoor Survival.