The Scouting Guide to Wilderness First Aid (Paperback)
An Officially-Licensed Book of the Boy Scouts of America: More than 200 Essential Skills for Medical Emergencies in Remote Environments (A BSA Scouting Guide)
Skyhorse, 9781510739710, 184pp.
Publication Date: July 23, 2019
In the Scouting Guide to Wilderness First Aid, current Scouts, Scout alumni, and readers interested in the outdoors are provided with time-tested advice on how to safely identify, harvest, and use edible wild plants. Some practical tips include:
- How to triage, assess, and identify medical emergencies
- What to include in a first aid kit for your home
- When to seek help for health emergencies
- How to safely move a sick or injured person
- How to perform CPR and use an automatic external defibrillator
- What the proper procedures are for broken bones, hypothermia, burns, and sprains
- And so much more!