Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, and Have Fun with Science-Based, Natural Running
Other Editions of This Title:
Tanaka’s method of easy running, or “slow jogging,” is an injury-free approach to running that helps participants burn calories, lose weight, and even reverse the effects of Type 2 diabetes. With easy-to-follow steps and colorful charts, Slow Jogging teaches runners to enjoy injury-free activity by:
• Maintaining a smiling, or niko niko in Japanese, pace that is both easy and enjoyable
• Landing on mid-foot, instead of on the heel
• Choosing shoes with thin, flexible soles and no oversized heel
• Aiming for a pace of 180 steps per minute
• And trying to find time for activity every day
Accessible to runners of all fitness levels and ages, Slow Jogging will inspire thousands more Americans to take up running and will change the way that avid runners hit the pavement.
Praise For Slow Jogging: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, and Have Fun with Science-Based, Natural Running…
Skyhorse, 9781510753624, 176pp.
Publication Date: January 7, 2020
About the Author
Magdalena Jackowska, a professional linguist, translator, and interpreter from Poland, is a research assistant at the Fukuoka University Institute for Physical Activity and a slow jogging instructor. She has completed more than twenty marathons and ultra-marathons all over the world, all in slow jogging style. Jackowska lives in Fukuoka, Japan.