Inspired, Not Retired
Leadership Lessons from Father to Son
For Dr. Burl Randolph, Jr., leadership began at home as a young boy. Though his father was a man of few words, he was molded by his parent's actions for a future filled with achievement. And when the decorated military officer faced his own retirement, he recalled the profound message his dad imparted many years before: "A man ought to always stay busy."
Far more than a tribute to an instrumental figure in his life, Dr. Randolph, Jr. offers a powerful narrative illustrating the mentoring influence a strong parent can have on a child's development. Becoming a well-credentialed leadership expert in his own right, Randolph, Jr. defended his country for thirty-two years in the US Army, retiring as a colonel after three combat tours in Iraq.In this unique memoir and account of life-lessons-learned, you'll discover:
- Ways simple yet meaningful relationships can impart long-lasting wisdom
- The value of being inspired to lead others
- The potential impact of an influential mentor on generating respect, patience, and loyalty
- Why knowing yourself is your greatest asset
- How pursuing your passion will go far beyond a career to leave a legacy, and much, much more
Inspired, Not Retired is an extraordinary homage to a bond like no other. If you like true-life stories of courage and resilience, learning how mentorship can help with pivotal transitions, and deeply felt love and honor, then you'll be moved by Dr. Burl Randolph, Jr.'s astonishing biography.Buy Inspired, Not Retired to explore a man's deepest strength today.
Createspace Independent Publishing Platform, 9781536818468, 230pp.
Publication Date: December 5, 2019