Feminist Press, 9781558618664, 244pp.
Publication Date: October 7, 2014
Whose poster hung on your wall as a teenager? Whose record did you wear out? Whose life story could you not resist? Fascination works in mysterious ways--it can be born out of inspiration, or repulsion, or both. In these daring essays, some of the most provocative writers of our time offer a private view on a public figure. In the process, they reveal themselves in beautiful and unexpected ways, blurring the line between biography and memoir.
- Introduction by Amy Scholder
- Mary Gaitskill on Linda Lovelace
- Rick Moody on Karen Dalton
- Johanna Fateman on Andrea Dworkin
- Danielle Henderson on bell hooks
- Hanne Blank on MFK Fisher
- Kate Zambreno on Kathy Acker
- Justin Vivian Bond on Karen Graham
- Jill Nelson on Aretha Franklin
- Zoe Pilger on Mary Gaitskill