The Bisexual Option
Second Edition (Haworth Gay and Lesbian Studies)
Other Editions of This Title:
- myths of bisexual nonexistence and the "either/or" dilemma
- intimacy, both emotional and sexual
- an explanation of bisexuality and the Oedipus Complex
- definitions and examples of the healthy and troubled bisexual
- major sociological findings about bisexuality
- the bisexual in history
- the bisexual as depicted in the arts
- factors that will influence bisexuality in the futureThe book helps readers understand where they fit on the sexual orientation continuum. The Bisexual Option aids in explaining who bisexuals are and why they have problems in heterosexual as well as homosexual societies and shows bisexuals that they are not alone. Even helping professionals will find information on this "invisible" but large segment of the population.A variety of readers will want to read The Bisexual Option including the bisexual community and individual bisexuals, the homosexual communities which include many bisexuals, mental health practitioners, psychologists, both students and professionals, university students, married partners of bisexuals, HIV/AIDS workers who wish to become acquainted with how bisexuality affects the risk to the heterosexual community, sexologists, and researchers.
Routledge, 9781560230335, 230pp.
Publication Date: October 7, 1993