Addressing Homophobia and Heterosexism on College Campuses (Paperback)
Routledge, 9781560233053, 292pp.
Publication Date: April 1, 2003
List Price: 44.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This book presents an integrated approach toward changing attitudes about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) students, faculty, and staff on contemporary college campuses. From Addressing Homophobia and Heterosexism on College Campuses you can learn specific classroom techniques for handling homophobia and heterosexism in the classroom. This book tackles a wide variety of subjects including academic freedom, diversity training, nontraditional families, and religion, each of which plays an integral part in the sense of community found on any college campus. Addressing Homophobia and Heterosexism on College Campuses provides you with the basic tools to set up sensible programs that have worked for others in the past and can work for you in the future In Addressing Homophobia and Heterosexism on College Campuses you'll also find:
- a list of helpful feature films and documentaries
- case studies from the US, Canada, and Australia
- methods to combat homophobia and heterosexism among social work students
- practical ways to set up Safe Zone or Allies programs
- techniques for reducing "trans-anxieties"
- lectures and role-playing games geared toward changing thoughts and live
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase