150 Things to Make with Roast Chicken (Paperback)
And 50 Ways to Roast It
Taunton Press, 9781561588459, 282pp.
Publication Date: March 20, 2007
What do you do with a roast chicken?
Saut it, sauce it, stew it, slaw it. Simmer it in soup. Toss it in a salad. Roll it in a wrap. Cook it in a cozy casserole.
Boston chef Tony Rosenfeld celebrates everyone's favorite bird, from his spins on homey classics (Grandma Pauline's Chicken Paprikash) to snazzy sophisticates (Summery Italian Chicken Salad with Fennel & Pears).
First you take a chicken...
Supermarket roast chicken makes a fine base for all 150 recipes. Got a bit more time? Then Tony will show you how to roast chicken for flavor that no store-bought can rival. Roast a chicken (or two ) on Sunday and enjoy weeknights of scrumptious, hassle-free meals.
Creative recipes and terrific tips make this a book full of refreshing answers to the eternal question, 'What's for dinner?'
Bold new takes on casseroles, skillet meals, stews, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, and more...
From maple-glazed to southwest-rubbed and cornbread-stuffed, from Chinese salt and pepper to French bistro with lemon and thyme.
- 'Roasting 101' - buying a chicken, prep and roasting techniques (including grill-roasting), choosing the best pans, carving to get every last tender morsel, making pan sauces and gravy, adding flavor with savory rubs, brines, and glazes
- - Delicious accompaniments - vegetables you can roast in the same pan, great greens, the world's best mashed potatoes
- - Zesty vinaigrettes, quick sauces, and flavored butters
- - Special ingredient profiles
- - 'Chix Picks' - suggestions for the best base chicken for every 'second time around' recipe
'Not only am I the author, I'm a convert. I had never really approached a roast bird as a way to create other meals. It simply is a great way to get dinner to the table. I think you'll agree.' - Tony Rosenfeld