Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook (Hardcover)
50 To-Die-For Recipes of New York-Style Cheesecake
Taunton Press, 9781561588800, 170pp.
Publication Date: October 2, 2007
For nearly six decades, cheesecake-lovers have made the pilgrimage to Junior's restaurant for legendary dreamy, creamy slices. But now you don't need to trek to Brooklyn for "to-die-for" cheesecake because you can whip up these cakes right in your own kitchen with the help of Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook.
Alan Rosen, the grandson of Junior's founder, reveals the very recipe that made Junior's reputation -- the Original New York Cheesecake, unchanged since 1950. But that's just the start. There's Banana Fudge, Lemon Coconut, Strawberry Parfait, Brownie Swirl cheesecake...well, you get the idea...50 fabulous reasons to indulge.
The must-have book for everyone who thinks a slice of cheesecake is a taste of heaven
- Cheesecake 101 -- a course-in-a-chapter. See how a little "babying" (a water bath, keeping cooling cakes out of drafts) goes a long way to ensuring crust and filling perfection. Includes a trouble-shooting chart, and wonderful garnish and flourish how-to's.
- Junior's Favorites -- the "original," plain and wonderful, then mounded with fresh fruit, glistening with glaze, laden with crunch, swirled with chocolate, pumpkin, even peanut butter and jelly
- "Reasons to Celebrate" -- Cherry Heart, Easter Egg, Christmas Tree, Stars & Stripes...festive cheesecakes for every occasion
- Did somebody say "chocolate?" Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Marble, Chocolate Crunch, Candy Bar Explosion...need we say more?
- Little Fellas -- small in size, big in flavor, fast to make because they're mostly all filling. Freezable too. (Junior's tip: Double the recipe, and defrost to enjoy any time )
- Skyscrapers -- incredible cakes within cakes. Delicious homemade layer cakes (like devil's food) hold extra creamy layers of cheesecake.
- Terrific "inside" tips and mouthwatering full-color photos throughout